This is very common question asked in Viva-voice or Interviews – Names of Top 5 C Compilers? Sometimes, students knows the name of 5 compilers of C Language but very few know about the Operating System and Microprocessors for which these compilers are designed. Here is the list of Top 5 C Compilers along with the name and version of Operating systems and microprocessors with which they are compatible. Check out the list of top 5 compilers of C Programming Language-
List of Top 5 C Compilers with Operating System & Micro-processor Details
|Turbo C++ 3.0||MS-DOS||8086 (16-bit)|
|MS Visual C++||Windows||
|Borland C++ 4.0||Windows||
|GNU gcc compiler||LINUX||
|Intel C++ studio||LINUX/Windows||
Turbo C++, Microsoft C++ and Borland C++ software also contains C compiler bundle along with them. If you are a beginner(or Student) ,then it would be better to start with a simple compiler like Turbo C or Turbo C++. Once you have mastered the language elements then you can switch over to more sophisticated compilers like Visual C++ under Windows or GNU gcc compiler under Linux.
Most of the C & C++ programs on this blog under the section of C and C++ programming language are tested on Turbo C & Turbo C++ Compilers. These programs may be successfully compiled on other compilers also but we’re not tested them individually.
TURBO C Compiler
- Turbo C is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) and compiler for the C programming language developed by Borland.
- This IDE is very popular and highly used in all over the world because of its integrated development environment, small size, extremely fast compile speed & comprehensive manuals.
- This IDE / Compiler is based on MS-DOS operating system.
- This IDE / Compiler uses 8086 Microprocessor which is compatible with 16-bit configuration.
- Introduction of C Compiler – Download Turbo C/C++ Compiler for 64 bit Windows
- Preprocessor in C Language – Introduction of C Preprocessor & its advantages
- Advantages & Disadvantages of C Language: C Programming Features
- C Programming Language – History and Introduction of C Language
- [How To] Compile & Execute a C/C++ Program – C Programming Basics
- C Preprocessor Directives – Types of Pre-processor Directives in C Language
- Microsoft Windows 10 Release Date Released | Windows 10 Free Upgrade
- Free Download Skype 6.0 Offline Full Installer for Windows, Linux & Mac OS