Introduction To C Compilers
- To type a C program you need a tool called EDITOR and after finishing the program it needs a another programming tool called COMPILER and other basic components like Preprocessor, Assembler and Linker.
- Once the program has been typed it needs to be converted to machine(binary) language (0s and 1s) before the machine can execute it. To carry out this conversion we need another program called Compiler.
- Compiler vendors provide an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which consists of an Editor as well as the Compiler.
- There are a number of IDE’s (Integrated Development Environment) are available for free to download whosupports various operating systems. e.g. Turbo C, Turbo C++ and Microsoft C are some of the popular compilers that work under MS-DOS(Text User Interface). Visual C++ and Borland C++ are the compilers that works under Windows while gcc compiler (GNU C Compiler) works under Linux Environment.
Download C Compiler (TURBO C / C++ Compiler for 32 bits & 64 bits)
Assuming that you are using Windows7 (32bit not 64bit version) or Windows XP or lower version and want to start your C Programming learning with the basic compiler Turbo C++. Then you have to download the TURBO C Package (For 32Bit Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP or lower versions of windows). Click on the following given link to Direct download the TURBO C IDE which works in Windows Environment –
Open command Promptand follow the below commands to run your editor –
C:\> cd TC C:\TC>cd bin C:\TC\BIN>tc
Now press Enter, you will see a blue screen editor where you can start your first C Program.
If you are worry about TURBO C (C Compiler) on Windows7 64 bit version or Windows Vista then you should download the following setup of Turbo C++ which is compatible with 64bit version.
Click Here To Download Turbo C++ Compiler (.exe setup)
After downloading the Turbo C/C++ Compiler, following steps would be needed to install and configure it :
- Unzip the downloaded file and click on the installer turbo c++.exe,
- After the finishing of installation , a folder named “ TurboC++ ” is created automatically in the root drive of your Hard Disk. In this folder, a Application file is present named “DOSBox.exe” -> click on it then you’ll see a blue screen that is your C / C++ editor in 64 bit version of Windows. Now you can start your first C or C++ program in 64bit Windows version.
- List of Top 5 C Compilers – TC, GCC, Borland C++, MS Visual C++ & Intel C++ Studio
- [How To] Compile & Execute a C/C++ Program – C Programming Basics
- Preprocessor in C Language – Introduction of C Preprocessor & its advantages
- C Preprocessor Directives – Types of Pre-processor Directives in C Language
- Free Video Editing Software Download | VSDC Free Video Editor For Windows
- Google Chrome Web Browser 20 Dev Version [20.0.1096.1] – Free Download
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Latest Version Free Download – Check New Features
- Google Chrome Latest Version Free Download (Offline Installer)