Recently, Gmail has introduced tabbed interface for Inbox emails. This is a good feature added by Gmail but sometimes not user friendly because most of the old users are much habitual with the old interface where all the emails are listed in sequence. But nowadays, with this new tabbed interface, Gmail automatically separates the incoming emails according the sender’s service e.g. if an email is coming from Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter or any other social network then it goes to the Social Tab, if any email is coming from daily coupon or event or promotion site then it goes to under Promotions Tab. Also we can create custom Tab as per our need and convenience.
But if you’re much familiar and comfort with the old interface to manage the Inbox then you can disable the Tabbed interface completely or can disable selected Tabs from the category. Many people are not happy with this new feature added in the Gmail Inbox and likes the old interface having all the incoming emails under a single sequence, there is no need to open new tab to check other emails.
If you’re not happy with this new feature, then you can disable it. Gmail officially providing this facility to disable this feature, there is no need to install any other external browser extension or software, you’ve to change few settings only to bring back the old interface.
Please follow below steps to disable the Tabbed Gmail New Interface-
1. Open Gmail Account.
2. Go to Settings-> Configure Inbox
3. Select or deselect the Tabs of your choice. If you want to remove all the tabs and want your old Inbox Interface then deselect all the tabs as shown in below. At last you can’t deselect the primary tab checkbox since this is the default tab of old and new Gmail inbox interface, click on the save button.
4. Finally, Inbox tabs are switched off. Click the settings button and choose ‘Configure inbox’ to bring them back.
Still if you’ve any doubt or problem then you can post your query in the comment section. Thank You.
- How To Delete Spam Emails Automatically in Gmail
- How To Batch (Multiple) Reply in Gmail using Google Chrome Extension
- Microsoft replaces Hotmail by Outlook.com – More Social & Clean Look
- Gmail for iPhone & iPad – Download Free Gmail App Version 2.0
- How To Access/Manage Multiple Gmail Accounts – Gmail New feature
- Whatsapp Plus – New Messaging App of Whatsapp (New Version) Features
- How To Stop Facebook Videos From Playing Automatically – Change Facebook Settings on Desktop, Android/iPhone App
- 90% Email Sent is Spam – Why Email Backup is Important? (Infographics)