In the beginning, one can start with free tld – blogspot.com provided by Blogger. Once the blog gets enough popularity and receiving a good amount of traffic or if you want to start a professional blog rather to use a free tld then you should purchase a name and put it here, your blogspot.com blog automatically redirects to your domain name (e.g. www.domainname.com).
3 Simple Steps To Add ‘Custom Domain in Blogger’-
1. Login into your Blogger Account and register an available name as you want.
2. Then Go to the settings (appears in the left sidebar), Under the Settings section, click on ‘Basic’. Then you’ll see ‘Blog Address’ under ‘Publishing’ as seen in following screenshot-
Settings -> Basic -> Publishing -> Blog Address
3. Click on the link ‘Add a custom domain’, it will ask to register a domain name for your blog, now here there are two options available- You can register a domain from Google Apps or you can also put your already registered domain here. I recommend world’s best domain registrar Godaddy to register a new domain, we’ve some Godaddy discount promo codes (0.99$, 2.49$, 4.95$ etc) for first year of registration.
So, If you already own a domain then click on the link (Switch to advanced settings)-
Enter your registered domain name with ‘www’ in the given box otherwise it shows an error, please follow the below screenshot- Happy Blogging !!
Still if you’ve any problem or query, then please comment it in the below comment section, your comments are always welcome-
- Increase Blog Visibility – Add your Blog to Google Blog Search
- Google developing Third Party Commenting Platform Like Facebook – Reports
- Indian Bloggers & Online Content Creator – YouTube Workshop Register Today!
- Free File Hosting HTML, JS & CSS Files On Google Drive
- Register.com 0.50$ Coupon Code – Register COM, ORG, NET, US, INFO, BIZ
- Godaddy 2.95$ Domain Name & Domain Transfers Promo Code October 2012
- How To Connect Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools – SEO Tips
- Google India Clinic 2012 – Register your website today for free Tips & Analysis from Google