Advantages / Characteristics of C Programming Language
- C Language is a CASE SENSITIVE language.
- Reusablility: Programs written in C can be reused. You can save your C programs into a library file and invoke them in your next programming project simply by including the library file.
- Readability: C Programs are easy to read.
- Maintainability: C Programs are easy to maintain.
- Portability: C Programs are portable across different computer platforms by just recompile them according to the relative operating systems.
- Learnability : You don’t have to remember many C keywords or commands before you start to write programming in C.
- Major parts of popular operating systems like Windows, UNIX, Linux is still written in C.
Development of other languages based on C
- Many other high-level languages have been developed based on C. Example, Perl is a very popular programming language in World Wide Web (WWW) design across the Internet. Perl actually borrows a lot of features from C.
- If you understand C, learning Perl or PHP is a snap. Another example is the C++ language, which is simply an expanded version of C, although C++ makes object-oriented programming easier. Also, learning Java becomes much easier if you already know C.
Disadvantages of C Programming Language
- C is not Object Oriented Programming Languages(OOPL) that’s why C++ comes into existence to overcome the disadvantages of C language.
- There is no runtime checking in C language.
There are some concepts that are not present in C language:
- Namespace and and other OOPS features ( Inheritence, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Abstraction etc).
- There is no strict Type Checking i.e , when we pass an integer to an floating point type variable.
- C Programming Language – History and Introduction of C Language
- List of Top 5 C Compilers – TC, GCC, Borland C++, MS Visual C++ & Intel C++ Studio
- Preprocessor in C Language – Introduction of C Preprocessor & its advantages
- Introduction of C Compiler – Download Turbo C/C++ Compiler for 64 bit Windows
- [How To] Compile & Execute a C/C++ Program – C Programming Basics
- C Preprocessor Directives – Types of Pre-processor Directives in C Language
- Google/Samsung Chromebook 249$ Full Specifications & Features – Order Now
- InMotion Cheap Web Hosting 10$ A Year – Hosting Discount Limited Offer!